The following information is for education only and is not meant to diagnose, prescribe, or treat illness. It is valuable to seek the advice of an alternative health care professional before making any changes. The statements below have not been evaluated by the FDA (or your country's equivalent). Any products mentioned are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.There are only so many salad recipes that one can stomach before wanting some sort of diversion from the typical toss of recipes. This recipe is just that, as it emulates stir fry, without the unhealthy fry. This raw food toss contains such a fragrant and delightful blend of oils and seasonings that will leave you saying "I can't believe it is not fried!"The specific oils that are blended in this recipe include olive oil which is an essential ingredient in raw food recipes that consider making ingredients palatable. Honey offers a sweet taste when is often unexpected, making the blend unique and tasteful.Additionally, the main ingredients in this recipe include carrots and broccoli. Both vegetables contribute to stronger hair and nails, as well as offer a track record of youthfulness in those that swear by it. Many raw-fooders that look 15-20 years younger than their age simply relish their diet in massive amounts of broccoli and carrots. In addition to these aesthetic attributes, these particular vegetables also are known to increase energy levels.Combining these vegetables with honey, which is also known as an energy booster, once can certainly feel a surge of energy through this blend of ingredients. In addition, honey has healing properties that contribute to curing common ailments, as well as boosting immune systems. Many people think of honey as the ingredient to put in tea when feeling sick with the cold or flu, and this is because honey is a proven element to increase the immune system.Recipes with broccoli, carrots and honey are ones that are no-brainers when it comes to boosting energy and youthfulness, however an added advantage of this particular recipe is it's uniqueness and it's enjoyable nature.Equipment Needed:
- Food Processor
Ingredients:For the Marinade:
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cilantro
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce (Nama Shoyu)
- salt and pepper to taste (I use a dash of both)
- 1 teaspoon Agave syrup (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley(optional)
For the "Stir Fry":
- 2 cups sliced Portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced broccoli
- 1 large parsnip, peeled
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1 cup green beans
- sesame seeds(optional)
- Mix the marinade ingredients together.
- Place the broccoli and mushrooms in a large bowl, pour marinade and stir well to coat.
- Slice carrots into equal, matchstick sized pieces.
- Process the peeled parsnip until coarsely chopped to resemble rice.
- Slice the green beans roughly and mix with parsnip rice and carrot sticks.
- Toss the veggie mix in the marinade and stir well until everything is evenly coated.
- Let marinade sit for about 20 minutes so that the flavors may mix.
- Dress with a pinch of sesame seeds. Grab you chopsticks and enjoy!
Inspired by: RawMazing's Stir Fry